Word count in a story for children....

Firstly let me point out that I have always written short stories for kids..I find it hard work for the child if she has to slog through a book that is never ending? isn't it better to have quality instead of quantity? Most of my children's novels never reach past 20000 words, the children who have read the books do not complain that they are too short..The adults do naturally.
But its the children I will write for... I did do a short book she who dares grins for the older generation, but that would be the first and last time I do that...I love writing for children and it will remain that way. My latest creation is called The Library Card, and will probably be due out in December, just in time for Christmas.

Comments

  1. The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is just like i said: you are really the queen of children´s Stories. Julie what you think in one of your next children books we work together?
    You wrote the story, i animate the dialogs with a bit poetry, just like a story that some of the dialogs have poetic hearth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh thats kind of you Falvio.... What is your favorite kind of poetry?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts