Puff the magic dragon/autism

I sang puff the magic dragon to my children when they were little and the references to the "puff" being dope is a sad one...I try and tell people that's not the original meaning of it...but the story was about a little boy... its not about weed or the loss of a childs innocence.... watch the whole episode I posted on my FB.....its low key about a child with Autism, The boy is called Jackie draper in real life could not inerect in real life so said the doctors. he was a "special" boy, so puff the magic dragon had to make a paper version of him called jackie paper to come interact wih him in his own personal world in his head. Its trying to show how life is hard for autistics, the story tells of how he communicates with Puff and feels braver in the world around him, by confronting starless sky's and big bad pirates... nicely done I would say...I watched it again last night as an adult and see it from a different view..not a weed insight... so leave "as is" please

Comments

  1. I love that little cartoon, its lovely and not about pot as people say, A good write up Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song is very pleasant. and the cartoon which looks like it was made in the 50s is as you say not a weed in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true..it has nothing to do with weed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts