New writings.... No choir practice! covid19 please "Jog On"

As we are most of us in some sort of lockdown, I am avidly rewriting some old stories I have written way back when... "Excerpt" “CAN anyone tell the class who the 4th wife of Henry the 8th was?” There she was again, asking those almost impossible questions and honestly expecting someone to actually know the answers. She stood arms akimbo, facing the class, you could see her probing eyes scanning the room impatiently behind her glasses. The trick used to fool the students; she made those eyes run around so fast, you wouldn’t know where exactly they were focused on at any given point, but now, the students had cottoned on to her. They knew all about her scanning-eyes trick so that when those eyes fell upon you, you knew your head was on the block! just like one of Henry's poor wives. As you’ de be called up to answer the question. Which usually ended in one of two ways. You either knew the answer, or you were entirely clueless and was ridiculed by her, in front of your classmates. My WIP....... I miss my choir practice, a lot... They are an adorable crazy bunch!!!! I am playing world of warcraft with a couple of my grandchildren, and "tiktok" ing with my eldest grandaughter..also sync dancing across the world!!! Hope you all are finding things to do in this crazy time.... Stay Safe... Julie x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts