Goodreads reviews V Amazon reviews

I hope this post reaches everyone in a very festive mood indeed.... I have been chatting to lots of authors and hearing, more and more about Amazon culling reviews, sometimes for no reason... I do understand that fake reviews are bad, as it gives a wrong impression of a book.. BUT.. Most of the time people review because they have read the book and want to tell people about it! Goodreads do a similar thing with reviews,, the only difference is it is done by readers or authors, because of the love of books... (not a buying platform, except for links to outside webs) Goodreads... do giveaways, it is easy to use, meets lots of people who are just as mad about books and reading as we are. I tend not to get stressed about Amazon reviews.... If people review then that's great.. BUT I do tend to have more confidence with Goodreads instead. The staff are quick to respond and very friendly.. I like that

Comments

  1. I have stopped reviewing stuff on amazon. They are a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should never let BIG companies control what we write.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts